Hi everyone, hope you’ve had a wonderful week.
I have always been fascinated with fun and quirky umbrellas. They can be amazingly eye catching on a dull and cold rainy day. Speaking of rainy days, the red umbrella I’m holding below served me well in a very unexpected downpour on a 30 degree day in New York City. I was travelling around the Garment District sourcing trims for work that day as I quickly escaped into the closest store and to my surprise found this special red umbrella.
Today I’m wearing a jacket from my ‘Queen Of The Sky Collection’ by Giovanna Scarfo. This is one of my favourite designs. I usually wear it with my hair up to help show the detailed pleated collar.
The pants I’m wearing can you believe were only $8.00! I bought them from a second hand shop in Collingwood. They fit me perfectly, even the length which is a rare experience for my 5ft 2 frame. The shoes I’m sure you are familiar with as I regularly post them. They are from Nine West. The bag is Tony Bianco.
At the bottom of this post I have selected both fun and classic umbrellas for you to add to your winter wardrobe. I have also included some novelty jewellery items from selected Etsy shops following the theme of ‘umbrellas.’ I hope you enjoy this post. Feel free to offer any feedback.
The Perfect Black & White Umbrella
1. Lulu Guinness, SUPERSLIM CAT & BIRDCAGE UMBRELLA $43.30, http://www.luluguinness.com/homepage.aspx
2. Gina and May, $54.95, http://www.ginaandmay.com/
3. Gina and May $ 54.95, http://www.ginaandmay.com/
4. Gina and May $ 54.95, http://www.ginaandmay.com/
5. Bella Pagoda Umbrella – Ravishing Red, $129.00, http://www.umbrellas.net/default.aspx
6. Bella Umbrella, Mademoiselle Young Miss Umbrella, $72.00, http://www.umbrellas.net/default.aspx
7. Lulu Guinness, SUPERSLIM CAT & BIRDCAGE UMBRELLA, $43.30, http://www.luluguinness.com/homepage.aspx
8. Bella Umbrella , Multi Colored Kaleidoscope Umbrella , $65.00, http://www.umbrellas.net/default.aspx
3. Lulu Guinness, BIRDCAGE UMBRELLA $49.50, http://www.luluguinness.com/homepage.aspx
4. ModCloth, Raindrops on Railways, $29.99 http://www.modcloth.com
5. Stevie Marx, C-Thru Collection, http://www.steviemarx.com.au/ (Available at Priceline).
6. Stevie Marx, C-Thru Collection, http://www.steviemarx.com.au/ (Available at Priceline).
7. Dorothy Perkins, ‘I love rain’ umbrella, $15.47 http://www.dorothyperkins.com
8. Radley London, Clear Plain Sailing walker umbrella, $34.61, http://www.debenhams.com
1. ModCloth, Raining Dogs and Dogs Umbrella, $38.00, http://www.modcloth.com
2. Lulu Guinness, GIFT BOXED TINY CAMEO UMBRELLA, $46.40, http://www.luluguinness.com/homepage.aspx
3. LaSelva Designs – Women’s Chocolates Stick Umbrella , $29.95 http://www.amazon.com/LaSelva-Designs-Womens-Chocolates-Umbrella/dp/B003I232BG%3FSubscriptio
4. Lucy Rumba Folding Umbrella , $20.25 http://www.amazon.com/I-Love-Lucy-Folding-Umbrella/
5. Mademoiselle Light Pink Polka Dot Ruffle Collapsible Umbrella $25.00 http://www.unique-vintage.com
6. Stevie Marx, Mini Umbrella, http://www.steviemarx.com.au/ (Available at Priceline)
2. Antique brass umbrella necklace with a small turquoise blue rose. $17.90 http://www.etsy.com/listing/74716051/antique-brass-umbrella-necklace-with-a?re
3. The Marry Popins Umbrella – A Sterling Silver Necklace By Two Little Doves, $30.65, http://www.etsy.com/people/TwoLittleDoves?ref=ls_profile
4. My Lavaliere, Umbrella brooch pin retro silver, $11.30, http://www.etsy.com/people/mylavaliere?ref=ls_profile
5. Angelwing Jewellery, Little Umbrella earrings, $33.00, http://www.etsy.com/people/angelwingjewellery?ref=ls_profile
6. 10pcs Brass Umbrella With Bow Charms Pendants PND-160, $ 2.79USD http://www.etsy.com/people/Crushcrush?ref=ls_profile
How gorgeous are the below black and white photos?
(Photos courtesy of http://courtneyyagerman.blogspot.com).
Have a great week!